Wednesday 16 August 2017

Captains Log 17th August 2017

My Dear Wordies,

As always, a great day yesterday (even though I was outnumbered), with Tracey, Sonia, KT, Janeen and me in attendance. Judy isn’t back yet, Kevin was an apology (although he was with us in spirit and sent in two excellent critiques) and Julee had to look after our migraine afflicted granddaughter. Terry was also an apology as he is suffering, ‘Man Flue’. But he dragged himself out of his sickbed, crawled over to his computer and sent in his critiques this morning. Dedication deserving of much praise. Thanks Terry, much appreciated.

We also had a surprise visit from Caitlin, a past member who had to abandon us to complete her studies. For those who know her, you’ll be interested to know that she has a deal going with Penguin on her Batman/Robin style book.

I was ganged up on almost from the get go and forced to suffer the stings of my critique first. I must confess, even though I was expecting a Battle Royale, it proved to be a skirmish with only a dozen band aids required. Thank you, everyone, your input was, as usual, spot on and you will be pleased to know that I have addressed all the issues you raised.

On the conclusion of my critique, my chapter reared up, pawed the air with its hoofs and with a, ‘Hi Ho Silver Away,’ raced off into the sunset (that was for Tracey).

Next, it was Tracey’s turn. Her chapter proved to be a hit, with everyone overjoyed that she’s stopped mucking around and is back in the saddle again (a motorbike though, not a horse). She did pretty well, with a few good suggestions to push her chapter forward and very little bloodshed.
When her chapter rode off on its bike, Tracey admired the view. It was definitely a whole lot of chapter (for Tracey again).

As Yoda would say, ‘Good chapter that was, Tracey. Herh, herh, herh.’

Next week is EXERCISE WEEK. So be afraid, be very afraid. No critiques, so if you have anything to send me, it will be held over until the following week.

Until then, as Yoda would say’ ‘With you peace be.  Yes, hmmm.’


Regards Les

No comments:

Post a Comment