Wednesday 23 November 2016

Captains Report 23rd November 2016

Melton Library

23rd November 2016

Hello Wordsmiths

Sonia, Kristen and Terry were apologies today. A great pity because it was quite a vibrant session and I’m sure they would have enjoyed it.

We had critiques for today. From Terry, Kevin and me:

Terry fled the field of battle, preferring to live and fight another day – Next Wednesday in fact.

Kevin’s chapter rolled up in an immaculate, light green Ford Prefect. It stopped beside a bright red telephone booth and our intrepid storyteller jumped out with his caped crusader costume under his arm and dived into the booth. Sadly, as he slammed out of the small edifice yelling, ‘Up. Up and Away,’ he tripped on the undies still around his ankles and fell on his face.
Kevin now has a little work to do on his chapter: A few dents, scratches fixed, and a new muffler will see it back on the road again, as gooderer (special word for Joleen) as new.
 
As my chapter was presented for critique and the air raid sirens began to wail, I grabbed my helmet and waited in terror for the shot and shell to pound my position.
With Captain, Please B. Gentle at the helm, HMS ICBO sailed into a hell storm of fire, taking massive hits to her stout timbers (and a huge Huuumf from Judy). Most bounced off harmlessly, and after replacing and reconfiguring just about everything I’ve written, she’ll be even better than when she was first launched.

On behalf of both Kevin and myself, I’d like to thank the Wordsmiths for once again, helping to improve our stories.

Next year’s calendar is done (attached). I’ve put a fun day after every five critique weeks. Except for July. I’ve jumped a week there, as the fun day would have landed on the school holidays. As the fun day is Sonia’s baby and she can’t be there during school holidays, I’ve put it on the following week.

Don’t forget lunch at Golden Fleas Hotel, 12.00 on Wednesday the 14th December.

As always, a fun and helpful day today.

See you all on Friday night to watch and support our victorious Wordsmith Warriors - Sonia, Kristen and Judy.


Les

1 comment: